|Crafted: Located in Warehouse No 10 in San Pedro|
My heart swoons for you, Crafted. A couple of weekends ago, Todd and I went down to check out the newly opened (June 29th of this year) Crafted at the Port of Los Angeles. Crafted is a permanent handcrafted marketplace located in San Pedro. I had been hearing so much buzz about it I was dying to check it out. I'm a die hard Etsy fan and order most of my items from the site, but often I am too excited or inpatient for what I order, the wait can be a little taxing. Fear not my friends Crafted is here to save the day: if Etsy existed in a physical sense, this would be it. With countless vendors with original artwork, jewelry, goods for children, artisan food and crafts there is something for everyone. I am counting down the days until I go back for a second visit to start my Christmas shopping, I seriously saw something for everyone on my list, and buying from Crafted, one has the confidence that the item is as original as it gets. Every vendor we met was so kind; it was so amazing to admire an item and chit chat with the artist, then to be able to purchase it and have the item in your home? Quite spectacular. Todd and I shopped light, as we were just scoping it out, leaving with a piece of art that we are both so in love with and a box of amazing macarons from Soft Peaks, which we devoured before we got back on the freeway. I could have bought something from each and every vendor to be honest. Crafted far exceeded my expectations, in my mind I thought we would come across some tacky items or goods that just weren't well made, as would be expected from any craft market, but no, every item I saw had beauty, taste, and oozed with artistic nature and creativity. I highly recommend the trip to Crafted. Go.Check it out, you wont regret it.
- Food is sold outside by local food trucks, I think everyday is different but we LOVED our lunch from Auntie's Fry Bread and Let's Roll It
- There are a lot of events at Crafted, I suggest following them on Facebook to stay informed. Wine tastings, beer tastings, Etsy events... there seems to always be something happening
- Parking is easy, it was free for us but I've heard $5 is usual, in the lot right past Crafted, its a two minute walk from the car
- Even better, I failed to mention, Crafted itself is FREE
- Todd and I got amazing postcards from some of the vendors that were having giveaways that day, don't be shy to strike up a conversation, you never know what give aways and special offers might be happening the time you are there.
- On our way out a DJ was setting up, I think this is quite common at Crafted.
- Don't forget your sunscreen if you plan on eating outside at the food trucks!
- Very family friendly
- Hours: Fridays 12pm to 8pm, Saturdays and Sundays 10am to 7pm
|Handmade children's toys, clothes, succulent wall art, amazing all natural macarons from Soft Peaks, and handmade candles.|
|Hepp's Salt, rated a top 10 of Los Angeles Artisan Food|
|The food offerings are from local food trucks, the Bulgogi Quesadilla from Let's Roll It and The Original and The Hunter from Auntie's Fry Bread- WE LOVED all of them!|