Thursday, November 17, 2011

Ruby, Red Pomegranate Delight

The beautiful pomegranate. The fruit of the gods, enjoyed since ancient times, this fruit has always been a gorgeous source of nourishment. Recently, growing massive popularity for its antioxidants, it is now seen as a key to youthfulness and health. I personally love the sheer beauty of the pomegranate and it has become one of my favorite fruits for the holidays. That being said, I must share this super healthy, quick and easy desert. I used my special farm delivered pomegranates to make it and it was very flavorful, refreshing and surprisingly rich. Enjoy!

Pomegranate Compote - Adapted from Farm Fresh to You
2 pomegranates
1/2 tablespoon of ginger zest
1 tablespoon of fresh orange juice
1 tablespoon of orange zest
1 tablespoon of honey
1 tablespoon of chopped mint

Gently mix all ingredients together, chill and serve.  



No comments:

Post a Comment