Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday Libation - Classic Vodka Martini - Master Mixologist Todd Bjurstrom




Straight vodka martinis mean quite a bit to me. They are what my mom and I drink together, my "go-to" drink of choice and it was what initiated conversation between Todd and I leading us to meet. I thought after this long week, tonight is a definite vodka martini night. Perfection is a difficult goal to accomplish thankfully for you, I will share Todd's recipe to help you achieve the goals of all goals: mastering the art of the vodka martini.

Todd's Amazing Martini

What you need:
Ice
Martini Glass
Pint Glass
Shaker
Premium Vodka
Vermouth
Olives

Using a chilled glass, pour a small amount of dry vermouth into the glass, swirl it around lightly coating the glass. Fill a pint glass with ice and pour 2 1/2 ounces of vodka (or gin) over the ice. Cap with the cocktail shaker and shake it vigorously. Discard vermouth and place olives in the glass, strain vodka (or gin) over the olives. Enjoy. Sip and repeat as necessary.

Todd's tips: "dry" means little or no vermouth, a "perfect" martini uses dry and sweet vermouth, "dirty" martini has olive juice. Try making a Gibson by following all the above instructions and substituting onions for the olives. Another great tip: store your olives in a mason jar full of vermouth and use those in your martinis.

Great recipe, great tips! Thank you so much Todd. I will vouch that this is an absolutely fantastic martini recipe, trust me, I'm an expert.



3 comments:

  1. Kendall,
    Hey :) I saw on facebook that you had a blog and being the fellow blogger that I am... had to check it out! Love it, following you now :)

    <3,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Tammy! YAY! Thank you so much, I just started and trying to figure it all out. I love yours!!!! YAY! I hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey :) So excited you have an amazing blog! I love reading all your recipes.. and I particularly want to try that pie!

    Let me give you some pointers that I wish someone had given me when I started blogging... :)
    1) When people comment respond to them through email because they don't know you've commented back on your blog
    2) Add the google friend connect gadget to your blog so people can easily follow you
    3) Make sure your email address is connected to your blog user profile

    :)
    Also let me know if you ever want to guest post on my blog.. I would love it if you shared a recipe and probably help you gain some more followers!

    Your blog is going do oh so well! :)

    ReplyDelete